Solar Panels are a great solution for a variety of reasons – they can raise your home value, they can protect portions of your roof, and can produce green energy.
When contemplating the installation of solar panels on your home, it’s important to look at the condition of your roof. Many solar companies won’t install or recommend installing solar if you have an older roof. A newer roof in great condition is a pre-requisite for solar panels and for the long-term performance of your solar system. It also offers potential savings on your energy bills.
Why you should prioritize roof replacement before installing solar panels
- It saves you from having to remove the panels early in their life in order to service your roof. You can remove panels and add them back later once your roof has been replaced. However, this greatly increases the complexity and often involves having both a solar company, and the roofing companies coordinate. This can increase time and cost.
- Improves Energy Savings: A bad roof can leak conditioned air and make your heating and AC systems work harder. This results in increased electricity usage, increasing the number of panels required to offset electricity use.
- A new roof Protects Solar Panels from the Elements. Did you know that Solar panels are highly sensitive to moisture? A new roof provides a sturdy foundation, safeguarding your solar panels from potential problems such as leaks and damage caused by weather elements. A newer and high quality roof will help protect your solar panels can last and perform optimally for many years.
To ensure your roof is ready for solar panel installation, it’s essential to have it inspected by a qualified roofer. They can assess its condition and advise whether roof replacement is necessary.
Here are some tips to consider when choosing a roofer
- Obtain Multiple Quotes: Seek quotes from different roofers to compare services and prices.
- Inquire about Solar Panel Experience: Ask the roofer about their experience with solar panel installations to ensure they are familiar with the specific requirements involved.
- Verify Licensing and Insurance: Ensure the roofer is licensed and properly insured to protect yourself from potential liabilities.
- Get Detailed Agreements: Have everything documented, including the materials to be used and the offered warranty, to avoid any misunderstandings later on.
Investing in roof replacement before going solar is a wise decision that yields long-term benefits. By following these guidelines, you can select a qualified roofer to install a new roof that not only protects your solar panels but also helps you save substantially on your energy bills in the future.
Noble Roofing Can Help With Your Roofing Needs
Noble Roofing provides high quality roofing materials like the Tamko Titan Xt Shingles. We also routinely work with solar companies. Reach out to us to get a free quote and start your roof + solar journey today.