Now that it’s officially the end of the holiday season, some of you may still have your holiday lights up. Now, we’re all about relaxation and having a good time at Noble Roofing, but we also think that procrastination may not be in the best interests of your roof or valuable decorations. Your inflatable Santa and reindeer can get damaged from water and mold if they are left out for too long outside. Also, it’s just prime time to get those lights off your roof, especially before freezing rain damages them!
How to Take Down Holiday Lights Safely
If Rudolph and his friends are still on your roof along with a long stretch of icicle lights, it’s time to get your holiday decorations back in storage. Though you could possibly save them for a “Christmas in July” party, you risk the wear and tear of the elements on your decorations. However, don’t just go in removing your lights blindly! Here are some safety rules to follow:
- If you can, don’t get on your roof. Remove everything you can from the safety of a sturdy ladder.
- Use the buddy system. Never use a ladder alone! Get a trusted adult to make sure the ladder is steady and to hold it as you climb up to remove your lights.
- Carefully remove your lights from the fixtures that support them. Hopefully, you didn’t use nails or staples, which can damage your shingles. If you used plastic hooks, you can leave them on your roof all year so that hanging up your lights again is easy.
- If you must go on your roof, wear shoes with good traction. You should also be 100% sure you can physically handle being on your roof.
- If you have ANY doubt that you can do the job safely, you should hire professionals to come over and remove your decorations.
Let Noble Roofing Help you!
Whether you suddenly sprained an ankle and can’t get on your ladder or just need a helping hand, Noble Roofing would be happy to assist you in taking down your lights. We have the right equipment to remove everything safely without putting you or your family at risk. It’s also the perfect time to get a roofing inspection! After all, we’ll be in close quarters with your roof and it would be easy to spot any risks or potential issues. If you have any questions about how we can help you, simply give us a call.
Protect Your Roof with an Annual Roof Inspection!
The best way to prevent costly roof repairs is to get a professional inspection. If you think there are any issues with your roof, get the help of Noble Roofing right away.
Noble Roofing is the expert you can turn to for residential roofing and storm damage services. For more than two decades, we’ve developed a reputation for sheer quality and dependability. We serve Centreville, VA, and other nearby areas. Give us a call today at (703) 429-0840 and experience our top-notch service for yourself.