Warm weather calls for good times outside. With your favorite drink in hand, you enjoy the company of friends and family amid the ambiance of your favorite songs and the sweet smell of barbecue. In short, your deck is an important part of the home that makes entertaining in the spring, summer, and early fall easy and enjoyable.
But what happens if someone accidentally spills a soda or leaves a glob of ice cream on your deck that you notice hours later? Do you panic?
If you have a Dec-Tec membrane protecting your deck, you wouldn’t.
Why Noble Roofing Recommends Dec-Tec
If you ask us what brand we stand by when it comes to installing decks, we’ll immediately reply, ‘Dec-Tec‘. Here’s why.
- They know what they’re doing. Dec-Tec has over 25 years of experience in the deck industry
- They only use high-quality materials. They use membranes with high-quality fiberglass and an internal polyester reinforcement. As a result, Dec-Tec membranes are:
- Easy to clean
- Cool to the touch (Cool-step line only)
- They raise the bar. Their products exceed North American building codes in quality instead of just barely meeting them.
- Dec-Tec makes long-lasting decks. Their membranes can come with a 20-year warranty.
- The brand makes your money work for you: These decks deliver a good return on your investment (ROI) which can increase the value of your home.
- Results in minimal repairs: Their low-maintenance solutions will keep your wallet happy and leave less work for you for many years.
- Roofs & Roof Top Decks
- Garage Floors
- Pool Surround
- Multi‐family/Residential properties
- Commercial Walkways
- RV Roofs
- Boat Floors
If this piques your curiosity, then you should explore some of Dec-Tec’s amazing products listed below.
This brand specializes in manufacturing membranes that can protect a variety of outdoor structures. However, Dec-Tec also sells other products that are compatible with their membranes like adhesives, accessories, and tools. Everything works together to make the results of any Dec-Tec project the very best.
Dec-Tec offers 3 membrane product lines that all serve the unique needs of property owners. Any of these product lines can work well with both commercial and residential structures.
If you’re into traditional colors and some tried-and-true deck protection, the Classic membrane will be perfect for your next outdoor project. Once it’s installed, all that’s required to maintain it to remove any debris and wash the surface regularly. Here are the main characteristics of the Classic line:
- Available in brick, granite, bronze, solid grey patterns– all the traditional looks you can expect to compliment your sophisticated taste.
- Made to handle high traffic
- Reinforced with internal fiberglass
- Welds well with vinyl
- Comes with 10 & 20-year limited warranty
- Made to be used with Dec-Tec accessories for a flawless installation
Dec-Tec recommends that the Classic line is best used on decks, balconies, patios, stairs, and walkways.
The natural line is much like the classic membrane line but with a few key additions, compliments of its “Real Technology” materials:
- Guardian fiberglass core that lays flat and straight
- Scuff protection
- 2x the slip resistance of any competitor (exclusive to the “real technology” material)
- Dec-DT65A must be used with the Natural membrane line to maximize the quality and life of its seams
Overall, if you want a deck that performs well in outdoor conditions, the Natural line will help you achieve this goal. Its ultra slip-resistance is ideal for pool surrounds and decks where you know there will be spills and water (such as a hot tub). The Natural line is available in 3 colors: weathered, flagstone, and classic grey.
Excellent for places with hot summers (hello, Northern Virginia!), CoolStep is THE perfect membrane for anyone worried about their barefoot kids and fur babies running around on hot decks and pool surrounds. Feel the freedom of not needing flip flops out of fear of the sun’s blazing rays next time you’re outside enjoying your deck or pool.
Here are the product line’s key attributes:
- Available in 4 patterns: CoolStep, Rosewood, Forest, & Copper
- Membranes won’t crack, wear away, or peel
- Quick installation in as little as a day
- Stays cool even on extremely hot days
- Has a solar reflectance of 0.71
- 20-year limited warranty
- Reinforced with polyester
- Welds well with vinyl
- Reduces energy costs when applied to other structures like roofs & rooftop decks
- Resists harsh weather conditions
- Easy to clean
CoolStep can also be used in all the same applications as the Classic, but since it has the added advantage of being cool to the touch, it’s especially ideal for hot climates, pool surrounds, and rooftop decks.
Deck Replacement & Repair in Northern Virginia
Whether you’re looking for better form or function, or simply feel that a new deck is in order, trust Noble Roofing, the preferred choice for all home improvement projects in Centreville VA and its surrounding cities. Give us call at (703) 404-0505 to speak with our experts. You can also request a free estimate through our online request form today.